Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I can't make this stuff up

I'm in the Walgreen's Pharmacy with my daughter. We're there for flu shots. There's a line. I get bored. I start walking up and down the aisles. As I pass by one aisle I glance to the left and keep walking. Then I stop as my brain tries to comprehend what I just saw. I'm struggling, so I back up and do a double-take. Yep, I really did see it. There was a customer with a package of toilet paper pulled off the shelf, measuring the width of one role of toilet paper with a seamstress tape measure. I paused and watched as the customer put that package back on the shelf and took down another (a different brand) and measured the width of one of the rolls. I SO MUCH wanted to just ask "why?" But I didn't. I just went back to the flu-shot waiting area and sat quietly in my reflection. It will remain one of those mysteries that will haunt me till the day I die.

Richard B. Gasaway, PhD, EFO, CFO
www.RichGasaway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment